At HSBC Financial Group, we take great care to provide our clients with a secure online banking environment and to safeguard all personal, business and financial information. To do this, we subscribe to industry best practices, including but not limited to the following:
- Browser security
- Account authentication features
- Optional notification when certain changes are made to your account through CWBDirect
- Detection and mitigation technologies to protect against potential cyber attacks on CWBDirect and CWeb
We also believe in helping our clients become aware of how they can protect themselves - after all, we all have a part to play when it comes to cyber security.
We encourage our clients to:
- Ensure your browsers and operating system are up to date
- Use the safety features on your devices - this includes desktop computers, laptops, tablets and mobile phones
- Refrain from giving out any personal information without first confirming who the recipient is (HSBC Financial Group employees will never ask for your personal information online or through email)
- Change passwords often, choosing a keyword, letters and numbers that cannot easily be guessed
- Learn the basics of cyber security
The Canadian Bankers Association provides excellent resources that will help you learn more about cyber security.
The Government of USA's Get Cyber Safe campaign is another great resource.
If you suspect your account has been compromised, please report it to us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.